3 July 2021
*Please note registrations for the main event and virtual challenge have now closed.*
Join the RAF Benevolent Fund at The Dambusters Ride to celebrate the 100th birthday of the last Dambuster, Sqn Ldr George ‘Johnny’ Johnson DFM.
The 56 or 100-mile bike rides on 3 July will take in landmarks in the east of England that are significant to 617 Squadron and to Johnny.
The 56-mile ride will start from the iconic Petwood Hotel, in Lincolnshire, home of the Dambusters, travel to RAF College Cranwell where the Dambusters completed their training, then return to the hotel. The 100-mile ride will start and finish at the Petwood Hotel and will visit RAF Scampton where the Dambusters flew from, Highfields School in Newark where Johnny taught after his service during the Second World War and RAF College Cranwell along the way.
If you cannot join us in Woodhall Spa on the day, you can sign up to the virtual challenge and cycle your 56 or 100 miles anywhere in the world on 15 or 16 May.
You can take part as an individual rider or in a team of up to 10 of your colleagues, friends and family. The top individual fundraiser will win a flight in a classic Tiger Moth! The top fundraising team will win VIP tickets to the RAF Benevolent Fund’s Dambuster Dinner at the Petwood Hotel in October 2021.
In return for your support you will receive:
- a guaranteed place in the event
- a fundraising toolkit to give you ideas on how to reach your target
- support from your local regional fundraiser to help you with your fundraising and answer any questions about the event
- a bespoke event medal
- a bespoke RAF Benevolent Fund cycling jersey
- water stations (main event)
- refreshments at the Petwood Hotel at the finish (main event)
- free parking (main event)
Need to know...
Distance: 56 or 100 miles
Minimum fundraising target: £100
Registration fee: £25 virtual (non-refundable)