Here's your chance to win a unique flight in a Chipmunk in aid of the RAF Benevolent Fund.
Tickets are just £5 and offer the chance to win the ultimate trip for aircraft enthusiasts everywhere.
A 30-minute introductory flight experience in a 1952 de Havilland DHC1 Chipmunk.
The flight will take place at the West London Aero Club at White Waltham airfield, a former WWII all grass airfield and the home of the famous Air Transport Auxiliary (ATA) during WWII.
There will be plenty of time for photos of the aircraft before a pre-flight safety and risk briefing which will include the use of the primary flying controls. Then it’s into the cockpit for a five-minute run out to the end of the grass runway and you’ll be off!
With 20 minutes in the air, you will have the opportunity to take control of the aircraft, if you wish, and experience the thrill of flying a classic 1950s military trainer before the instructor takes over and heads back to the airfield for another grass landing.
This prize has been secured by ‘Jacob the Pilot’ as part of his fantastic fundraising efforts in aid of the RAF Benevolent Fund.
Raffle Terms & Conditions
- Tickets cost £5 each and will be sent by email within 48 hours of purchase
- There is no maximum number of tickets one person can buy
- The minimum age to buy a ticket is 16 years old
- The raffle closes at 11:59pm on Friday 30 October 2020
- The winner will be drawn at random by Jacob on Saturday 31 October 2020
- The winner will be contacted by email or phone by Monday 2 November 2020
- Income from the raffle will go towards Jacob’s fundraising in aid of the RAF Benevolent Fund
- The winner will be published on the Fund’s website within 3 weeks of the draw date. Please keep the ticket number as proof of purchase. Where the Fund is unable to contact a prize-winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following our first attempt to notify the prize-winner, we may apply the prize as it sees fit, including by re-offering the prize in future raffles. The Fund reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion. The result of the Raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The RAF Benevolent Fund’s Chipmunk Raffle is open to residents of mainland Great Britain and Northern Ireland only (this excludes Isle of Man and Channel Islands) except agencies and other companies having any connection with the production of the raffle, as well as relatives of such persons. Employees of the Fund, and members of their households, are ineligible to enter this raffle. Any tickets bought in the name of the RAF Benevolent Fund employees or members of their households will be rejected from the draw and considered as donations to the Fund.
Flight Terms & Conditions
- No previous flying experience needed
- Need to be mobile enough to get onto wing and then into cockpit
- Minimum age – 13; no maximum age
- Maximum weight limit of 13 stone
- Maximum height – 6 ft 5”
- Flight duration – 30 minutes and ground briefing to cover safety, emergency brief and aircraft briefing. Please note that all flights are timed from chocks away to engine shut down and are subject to weather and aircraft availability.
- No loose items, cameras or phones are allowed in the cockpit.
- Prize must be claimed by end of August 2021
Name of Responsible Person: Paul Higgins and Chris Elliot, RAF Benevolent Fund, 67 Portland Place, London W1B 1AR. Registered Charity Number 1081009 (England and Wales) and SC038109 (Scotland).
Licensed by the Gambling Commission, under the Gambling Act 2005. If you would like more information about raffles and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Please participate in a responsible way. Are you gambling more than you’d really like to? If you are concerned about the amount you are gambling, and feel it is taking over your life, please seek help and advice at BeGambleAware.
We are working with GamCare to provide support for RAF personnel and their families who might be affected by gambling problems. Find out more about how we can help.