Volunteers are integral to our success and are a valued part of the team. Our volunteers are provided with one key staff contact and also receive inductions and training. Travel and subsistence expenses are reimbursed throughout your volunteering in line with our volunteer policy.
Challenge events volunteer
Volunteer role summary
To assist the Challenge Events Manager with administration for the RAF Benevolent Fund's challenge events programme.
Why am I needed?
The RAF Benevolent Fund has a growing challenge events programme, promoting over 600 places on more than 20 events each year. As the number of people we are supporting with fundraising increases, we require an office based volunteer to assist the Challenge Events Manager and help us keep records up to date.
What does this role involve?
- Developing a good understanding of the RAF Benevolent Fund
- Recording information regarding individuals, events and income
- Sending out fundraising materials by post to challenge events fundraisers
- Writing thank you letters to challenge event fundraisers post-event
- Working with the Challenge Events Manager to arrange on-the-day support at challenge events (optional attendance)
What skills or experience do I need?
- Good communication skills
- Ability to record accurately
- Able to use a computer confidently, including Microsoft and the internet
What support can I expect to receive?
- Full training on the RAF Benevolent Fund, our challenge events programme and the process required to do the role
- On-going support from the Challenge Events Manager
- To be a part of a team
- The materials to undertake the role
What benefits will I get from this opportunity?
- Opportunity to feedback to a major service charity
- Opportunity to gain valuable experience
When am I needed?
One to two days a week. Days to be agreed. Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
Where will I be based?
RAF Benevolent Fund head office – 67 Portland Place, London, W1B 1AR
Will my expenses be covered?
Expenses for travel (up to £11.70 a day) and lunch (up to £6.15 a day) will be covered.
How do I apply for this role?
Please complete our application form.
I would like to speak to somebody about this role, who should I contact?
Please contact Daisy Powling on 020 7307 3321 or email@example.com.