Of course you've cooked lunch numerous times, but in case you want help to plan your Great British Sunday Lunch, here are some top tips to make the day go smoothly.
Take a look at these useful tips to help you have a fantastic lunch.
Need fundraising inspiration? Try these tips and ideas.
Decide who you're asking to your lunch and get your invitations out as early as you can
Whether it's a family lunch, a reunion with old friends or colleagues on an RAF station, the more notice, the better. That way you'll know how many people to cater for on the day. You can use the invitations in your kit, social media, email or text, or pick up the phone – whichever suits you best!
Decide where you're having your lunch
Once you have an idea of how many people might be coming, you can choose the best place to host your lunch. This could be at home, in a pub, even in the village hall or on a station.
RAF it up!
You'll find games, place cards and more in your kit to help you celebrate the RAF and remember how the money you raise will help.
Whether you’re planning a traditional Sunday roast, or something different, here are some tips for you:
- Decide on your menu.
- Get the recipes together.
- List the ingredients you need to buy and stock up on cupboard essentials, too.
You might like to do it all yourself. Or you can ask everyone to bring a dish, something to drink, even extra plates, knives and forks. Here’s some advice for advance planning and getting ready in the last week.
• Create a preparation timeline.
• Try out any new recipes in advance.
• Remember to ask your guests if you want them to bring a particular dish, something to drink, or extra plates, knives and forks.
• Buy your drinks in advance and arrange delivery if you need to.
One week to go...
• Call or email people who’ve not yet RSVPed to see if they plan to come and check with guests who’ve offered to bring something that it’s still OK.
• Make space in the fridge, freezer or cupboard to store your ingredients and pre-prepared dishes.
• Prepare anything you can freeze beforehand.
Four days to go
• Buy any more non-perishables
Two days to go...
• Get your crockery and glasses ready.
• Put frozen food in the fridge to defrost.
One day to go...
• Buy any perishables you need.
• Prepare vegetables and salads and refrigerate.
• Prepare anything else which you can make in advance.
On the day
• Set up the table.
• Chill beer, white or sparkling wine.
• Finish preparing food.
• Look forward to welcoming your guests.
• Have fun!
We're here Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm, to answer any Great British Sunday Lunch questions you might have. Choose the way that suits you to get in touch.
Call: 0333 240 8181
Find us on social media: @RAFBF #GBSL17