Whether it's making ends meet day-to-day, dealing with priority bills or paying for an unexpected expense due to a serious illness or a death in the family, you can turn to the RAF Benevolent Fund when you need it the most.
The types of assistance we can consider are:
- Regular Financial Assistance – to assist with day-to-day living costs. This is for those of pensionable age who are experiencing financial distress.
- Unexpected and unaffordable one-off costs - these grants can be to assist with replacing essential white goods, such as fridges or washing machines. They can also be to assist with repairing or replacing furniture or furnishings. We can also consider assistance with many short term needs where there is no other support available, including unexpected child needs, or costs associated with illness or bereavement.
- Priority bills and debts – in certain cases we can consider assistance with priority debts and the costs associated with bankruptcy and Debt Relief Orders.
- State benefits – Our in-house benefits specialist is able to provide advice on income maximisation and state benefits. Further details can be found on our advice and advocacy page.
- Temporary financial assistance – Short term assistance for those of working age who find themselves in financial distress.
Enquire about receiving help or call our free support line on 0800 169 2942.