It's time to break out the candles and party hats, as we celebrate the Royal Air Force's 97th birthday on April 1st! The RAF Benevolent Fund, the RAF's leading welfare charity, is marking the occasion by celebrating 97 of our Superstar Supporters.
Last year the RAF Benevolent Fund spent nearly £19 million helping around 40,000 members of the RAF family – from the young children growing up on RAF Stations to our WW2 veterans. We are only able to do this because of the incredible generosity and efforts of our supporters.
Up and down the country and even overseas, thousands of people each year help us raise vital funds to help members of the RAF family in need. And the sky is truly the limit with what our fundraisers will do.
- Sell cupcakes at Airplay? A piece of cake.
- Run six marathons across the Sahara Desert in six days? No sweat.
- Trek across the Falklands? Done.
- Build a plane and solo circumnavigate the Earth? Great idea!
- Our supporters really are the best and we can't thank them enough.
- So keep an eye on on our Twitter page this month, as we celebrate the RAF's 97th birthday with special thanks to 97 of our Superstar Supporters!
Visit our RAF97 page to find out more about how you can get involved and raise funds for our work.