One of the best ways to promote your fundraising activity is through all the online channels that are available today.
Whether it's Facebook, email or Twitter – there are loads of ways to get the word out there and raise money for an excellent cause.
To get started the first thing you need to do is set up an online fundraising page. All your friends and family can then donate easily and quickly online and the money is sent straight through to us, so you can focus on promoting your event or challenge.
- Follow all the steps to set up your page on VirginMoney Giving or JustGiving
- Add some personalised text and a photo to make your page unique to you
- Then start promoting your page
Both VirginMoney Giving and JustGiving collect Gift Aid on our behalf.
Promoting your fundraising page
Once you've set up your page you can start promoting it to all your friends, colleagues and family. Here are some tips for you to get started with:
- Email the link to your page to everyone you know and ask them to sponsor you
- Post the link on Facebook and Twitter
- Tell your colleagues at work
- Ask the person who manages your work intranet to post a link to the page
- Add the link to your email signature
- Keep everyone up to date about your progress
- Don't stop once you complete your challenge – nearly 20% of donations come in after the event
- Contact everyone to say 'thank you'
If you need any advice or assistance please contact one of our fantastic team of fundraisers.