This year's annual review covers the work of the RAF Benevolent Fund in the year 2016 – 2017.
If you would like a hard copy of these documents, please call the RAF Benevolent Fund Communications Team on 020 7307 3331.
Annual review summary
The effects of the global recession continued to be felt across the country and by members of the RAF Family, as bases were rationalised and personnel levels reduced.
Against this difficult economic backdrop we increased our welfare spend, supporting those most in need.
Supporting the entire RAF Family
In our report 'Meeting the Needs of the RAF Family' we looked into the size, profile and welfare needs of the RAF Family in 2015. Download our report:
- Meeting the Needs of the RAF Family report - Summary (PDF 287KB)
- Meeting the Needs of the RAF Family report - Full (PDF 1.60MB)
Our welfare support is the bedrock of everything that we do. We have been working proactively to improve Service life, our innovative projects are making a real difference to the RAF Family, from the youngest child to the oldest veteran.
Airplay, our £24 million support programme for RAF families, continued to be rolled out across RAF stations and in 2014, 3,813 RAF children and young people were supported through the project.
Our seaside cottages, Shencot and Seacot, provide a much-deserved break for RAF Family members with 1,709 people visiting the cottages and Princess Marina House.
Previous annual reviews and reports
- Annual Review 2015 – 2016 (PDF 2.90MB)
- Annual Report and Accounts 2015 (PDF 1.99MB)
- Annual Review 2014 – 2015 (PDF 1.95MB)
- Annual Report and Accounts 2014 (PDF 3.23MB)
- Annual Review 2013-2014 (PDF 2.02MB)
- Annual Report and Accounts 2013 (PDF 3.23MB)
- 2012-2013 Annual Review (PDF 1.57MB)
- 2012 Annual Report and Accounts (PDF 929KB)
- 2011 Annual Review (PDF 3MB)
- 2011 Annual Report and Accounts (PDF 700KB)
- 2010 Annual Review (PDF 1.7MB)
- 2010 Annual Report and Accounts (PDF 700KB)
- 2009 Annual Review (PDF 1.2MB)
- 2009 Annual Report and Accounts (PDF 500KB)
- RAF Dependants Fund - Report and Financial Statements 2013 (PDF 4.59MB)
- The RAF Dependants Income Trust Ltd - Report and Financial Statements 2013 (PDF 412KB)
- RAF Benevolent Fund Housing Trust Limited - Report and Financial Statements 2013 (PDF 615KB)
- RAFBF Trading Ltd - Report and Financial Statements 2013 (PDF 377KB)
- RAF Benevolent Fund Trustees Ltd - Report and Financial Statement 2013 (PDF 183KB)