Thank you for choosing to give or fundraise for the RAF Benevolent Fund.
Our promise to you
With no routine government funding, you, our supporters drive everything we do.
Thanks to the time and generosity given by the thousands of people around the UK, we can continue to help members of the RAF family that are in need.
We are grateful to all the donors who support the RAF Benevolent Fund and endeavour to fundraise responsibly and respectfully. Here's our promise to you and what you can expect as a RAF Benevolent Fund supporter.
We want to assure you that we do not:
- Fundraise by making house to house collections either for cash or for regular donations.
- Sell or make available your name and address details to any other organisation.
- Make telephone calls to anyone we have not been in contact with before.
We are committed members of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) and follow their code of practice to ensure we meet the highest standards, so you can give and fundraise for us with confidence and trust.
In the last year, the charity spent more than £19 million to help over 40,000 members of the RAF family – past and present personnel. The money goes directly to helping those who need it most.
We are honest, open and transparent
We promise to:
- Provide information about our work and finances to show how your money is being spent
- Provide honest answers to questions about all of our fundraising and how your money helps
- Accurately represent the experiences of the veterans, retired and serving personnel, and families that we help
- Not use any images or words that cause distress or offence
We are respectful
We always respect you and your decisions and therefore promise:
- To never pressure you to make a donation
- To be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people, including the elderly
- To do all we can to ensure that no agencies or contractors we work with break our promises to you
- To respect and not share any data that you share with us by complying with the Data Protection Act
- To keep you informed about our work in a way that suits you
We promise to keep you informed about our work in a way that suits you. If you tell us you'd prefer less contact or don't want to hear from us at all, we'll respect your wishes. You just need to let us know. Do get in touch with us on 020 7580 8343 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address this promptly.
If you do not want to give, or wish to stop giving to us, we will thank you for all that you have done for the RAF Benevolent Fund.
We are committed to high standards
The FRSB works to ensure that organisations raising money from the public do so honestly and promptly.
As a committed member, we are proud to promote honesty, accountability and transparency when fundraising. We promise to adhere to all industry guidelines and regulations to make sure you are confident in our fundraising approach and responsibilities and require others acting on our behalf to do the same.
We will only work with professional fundraising organisations that meet our high standards and are contractually obliged to comply with the FRSB Codes and this Promise. All are fully briefed on activities and monitored closely on a daily basis, including for the protection of vulnerable people. If we find cause for concern, we will investigate as a matter of urgency and take appropriate action promptly.
We are accountable
Despite being a small charity with limited fundraising resources, yet always strive for the highest possible standards and always adhere to best practice. If you are unhappy or have concerns with anything we've done whilst fundraising, you can get in touch to make a complaint. Please contact us on 020 7580 8343 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or email@example.com to request a copy of our complaints procedure.
If you feel we have not responded suitably, we will support you to make your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator (www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk) as an additional route to resolution.
Get in touch
We promise to make it easy for you to get in touch with us. Whether you'd like to update your contact preferences or if you have any questions about our work and where your money goes, we're here to talk to you and value your feedback.
Please do get in touch – it would be lovely to hear from you. Our Supporter Care team is available in person over the phone on 020 7580 8343 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're enormously grateful to every single one of our supporters and fundraisers. Thank you so much for everything you do to help RAF family members – young and old – who have fallen on difficult times.