Serving and Ex-RAF personnel who are disabled, or whose dependent is disabled, can apply for an accessible holiday with the Disabled Holiday Trust.
Our eligibility criteria for the Disabled Holiday Trust are:
The qualifying person has a disability that prevents them from using ‘standard’ hotel accommodation and meets one of the below:
- Be registered blind.
- Receive the higher rate of DLA/PIP Mobility.
- Receive the War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement.
- Receive an on-going Guaranteed Income Payment for having a permanent disability causing an inability or significant difficulty in walking.
- Receive Attendance Allowance.
We offer holiday accommodation free of charge to those who meet the disability criteria and are on a means tested benefit.
Means tested benefits include:
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Housing benefit
- Working and child tax credits
This must be evidenced by 3 months of bank statements or an entitlement letter (less than 3 months old) in line with the Funds welfare policy.
Those who are not on a means tested benefit will be asked to contribute a nominal amount towards the cost of the holiday.
It is a condition that the qualifying person goes on the holiday.