What are cookies?
Cookies are small files placed on your computer's hard drive or in the memory of your web browser when you visit a website. They allow us to do things like:
- tell which pages are most popular
- play videos properly
- adjust the display of information
- make sure we remember things for regular visitors
- record which items you want to buy in our shop
- collect data that allows us to understand when you first accessed this website, how you arrived at this website, and tracks effectiveness of our advertising
Do cookies collect personal data?
Yes, in order to work they need to know things like your country of origin, your IP address, and the settings in your web browser. However, we anonymise this information and restrict access to it in order to protect your personal information.
Are cookies safe?
Yes, they're totally harmless. They can't look into your computer, carry viruses or install anything harmful on your computer.
What happens if I disable cookies?
Most of our website will still work fine. However, you won't be able to make purchases at our online shop (we need cookies so we know what items you put in your basket). But you can still make a donation, apply for help online, and visit all the website pages.
How do I turn cookies off?
If you go to the About Cookies website, there's helpful information about how to disable cookies.
How can I talk to you about cookies?