Set up a fundraising page
If you're fundraising for the Fund, promoting your fundraiser online will make a huge difference.
There are many ways to spread the word about your fundraising but before you do that, it's important to have a fundraising page set up. There's a few options out there, but we have two suggestions:
You can create your own page through the Enthuse platform which lets you publish updates about your fundraiser including photos and YouTube videos.
You can also pay in offline donations and promote your fundraiser easily across social media channels. Your supporters can leave messages when they donate and it also supports Gift Aid, which means we can receive an extra 25% at no further cost to your supporters.
Alternatively, you can use JustGiving. To get up and running all you have to do is:
- Follow all the steps to set up your page on JustGiving.
- Add some personalised text and a photo to make your page unique to you.
- Then start promoting your page.
JustGiving collect Gift Aid on our behalf.
Promoting your fundraising page
Once you've set up your page you can start promoting it to all your friends, colleagues and family. Here are some tips for you to get started with:
- Email the link to your page to everyone you know and ask them to sponsor you.
- Post the link on Facebook and Twitter.
- Tell your colleagues at work.
- Ask the person who manages your work intranet to post a link to the page.
- Add the link to your email signature.
- Keep everyone up to date about your progress.
- Don't stop once you complete your challenge – nearly 20% of donations come in after the event.
- Contact everyone to say 'thank you'.
If you need any advice or assistance please contact one of our fantastic team of fundraisers.