Skip to main content

RAF welfare staff resources

Currently all applications for financial assistance from the RAF Benevolent Fund relating to those who are currently serving and their families involve an assessment by RAF welfare staff.

RAF aircraft

The application should then be submitted by the RAF station which the individual is serving at. This page provides information and resources to enable an application to be made by RAF welfare staff.

Applications for assistance of up to £750, can be made via the Minor Financial Assistance Scheme. Further information can be found in the Minor Financial Assistance Scheme guidance notes.

Other applications can be made by completing the Serving Application Form. Please also see our RAF application guidance notes.

We are happy to speak to station staff regarding potential applications or general enquiries, and you can download a list of contact details.

Additional forms and information. Applications to provide mobility or care equipment. If requesting help with mobility equipment, we would encourage staff to read the relevant checklist for mobility applications first. Mobility and care equipment applications are subject to an Occupational Therapist assessment of need. Additionally, before we are able to provide help with mobility equipment, a GP Certificate will need to be completed by the applicant's GP.

  • Applications for help with housing adaptations and repairs

If requesting help with funding housing adaptations or repairs, a Property Proforma will need to be completed.

  • Applications for help with care in the home and residential home fees

An aide memoire is available detailing the information required for consideration of top-up fees where there is a shortfall in funding following a social services assessment.