Christmas Raffle 2023 Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of the Christmas Raffle 2023 (the “Raffle”) is RAF Benevolent Fund, registered charity number 1081009 and whose registered address is 67 Portland Place, London W1B 1AR (the “Charity”).
- Participation in the Raffle costs £20 per raffle ticket (“Ticket”).
- Tickets will be limited to a maximum of 100 per person.
- The Raffle is open to all residents of Great Britain (which comprises England, Scotland and Wales, and excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), who are aged 18 years or over. Employees who are directly associated with the administration of the Raffle are excluded from this entering this Raffle.
- The Charity reserves the right to undertake age verification on any person participating in the Raffle.
- If a Ticket is unknowingly sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18, or an individual is unable to successfully complete age verification checks, they will be exempt from the Raffle, will forfeit their prize, and the stake will be returned.
- The winner will be chosen by random draw from all of the entrants in the Raffle by Charlene Hughes at the Charity’s head office in London, in a secure and open environment, on 14th December 2024.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled in error.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility for Tickets and/or payments which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event, beyond the Charity’s reasonable control, which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Closing date for the receipt of Tickets and Ticket payment is 13 December 2023. Tickets received after this date will not be entered in the Raffle, but the payment will be treated as a donation unless expressly stated otherwise by the sender.
- Payment for participation in the Raffle can be made by cash or donating via the JustGiving page. CAF and other charity vouchers cannot be accepted as payment for Tickets.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Charity reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- All entries sent in response to the Raffle will be thanked in writing, either by letter or by email if entered online. We will also thank you for your donation unless you request otherwise.
- Your Tickets will be entered into the draw as soon as the whole payment is received.
- Monies raised by the Charity in the Raffle will support the work of RAF Benevolent Fund where the need is greatest.
- The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
20. There is one prize and the first ticket number drawn will receive the prize. This year the prize of a limited edition Bremont Dambuster Watch.
21. The prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
22. If Tickets are not used, they cannot be re-issued.
23. The prizes are subject to change and availability. The prizes cannot be exchanged for the equivalent monetary value.
24. The Charity reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Charity’s control makes it necessary to do so.
25. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Charity, its agents, or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept liability for any loss or damage occurring as a result of taking up their prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Charity, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude the Charity’s liability for fraud, personal injury or death, which after investigation is found to have been howsoever caused by the Charity.
26. The result of the Raffle is final. If you wish to make a complaint, please write to Charlene.Hughes@rafbf.org.uk in the first instance who will take you through our complaints procedure.
35. The Winner will be notified directly by the Charity by telephone or in writing.
36. Winners of non-financial prizes will be sent their prize in the post following successful age verification and confirmation of a residential postal address in Great Britain, which includes a valid postcode (“Valid Postal Address”). Prizes will be posted to winners as soon as practicably possible The Charity accepts no responsibility for the prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
37. Winners may be required to provide proof of age. If satisfactory evidence is requested but not provided within three months of the request for proof of age, then the prize will be forfeited, and the Charity will be entitled to select another winner.
38. Winners will have up to three months following notification of their win to claim their prize and the Charity will make all reasonable attempts to contact prize winners during this time. In the event that winners cannot be contacted within the three months the Charity will distribute the prize appropriately.
39. The winner may be asked to participate in publicity related to the Raffle which may include the publication of their name and/or photograph in any media. The Winner has the right to choose not to participate in publicity.
40. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
In line with the Gambling Act 2005 objectives, RAF Benevolent Fund are committed to promoting open and responsible gambling. Our lottery and raffle aim to:
- encourage fair and open play;
- keep crime out of gambling;
- protect the young and the vulnerable.
Below we have outlined our procedures in ensuring responsible gambling:
Under Age Gambling:
RAF Benevolent Fund carries out a number of checks to ensure participants are not under the age of 18 years, and actively take steps to ensure that our lotteries do not attract young people. Our checks include:
- We reserve the right to ask for proof of age from any player, and players' accounts may be suspended until satisfactory proof of age is provided;
- We will only accept valid, legible, photographic ID. If for whatever reason, upon winning any individual is unable to prove that they are 18 years or over then any winnings will be forfeited, and any stakes paid will be returned;
While most people gamble within their means, we recognise gambling can be a problem for some.
If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, Gambleaware can provide support and information. You can contact Gambleaware via the website, begambleaware.org or by calling 0808 8020 133.
To support problem gamblers, we operate a self-exclusion policy, which means you will not receive any information about our raffles. To be added to our self-exclusion programme please contact Charlene Hughes by e-mail at Charlene.email@example.com
We will take all reasonable steps to prevent any marketing material relating to our raffles being sent to any self-excluded customer and maintain a register of self-excluded persons.
For more information on responsible gambling, please click here.
RAF Benevolent Fund will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell or swap with other organisations for their marketing purposes. We will keep your data safe and private, holding the information you provide for communication, marketing, analysis and administrative purposes.
For full details of what information we hold and how we process your data, please visit rafbf.org/privacy