The RAF Benevolent Fund offers many opportunities to work, develop and thrive in a number of various specialisations with an overall aim to make the lives of both serving and former members of the RAF all the better in their time of need.
Public Relations Manager
Term: Permanent, full time
Salary: Circa £41,000
We are currently recruiting for a new PR Manager at the RAF Benevolent Fund, the RAF’s leading charity supporting serving and former members of the RAF and their families every day. It's an exciting time to join the charity as we launch an ambitious new five-year strategy to help drive a change in income, profile, brand awareness, reputation and impact.
This is an exciting and genuinely unique opportunity for an individual with experience in PR to work in a small but dynamic Communications team. As our PR Manager, you will be responsible for developing PR campaigns, creating engaging content for multiple channels and liaising with stakeholders. The role will be based in our London office at 67 Portland Place, but we are open to flexible working.
In order to be successful, you will have:
- Experience in answering daily media and PR enquiries and creating engaging content
- Proven track record of generating regional and national press coverage
- Strong knowledge of social media channels and how they can be activated
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders within a multi-platform PR campaign
- Experience of measuring, evaluating and analysing relevant metrics for PR and media channels
- Strong interpersonal skills, whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 22 October 2021. Interviews are due to take place via video conferencing platform the week beginning 25 October 2021.
The role will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Please note that due to the high number of applications expected, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be notified.