Menu Donate Request our help

Helpline: 0300 102 1919

Skip to navigation

Request our help

The RAF Benevolent Fund provides support for former and serving members of the RAF, their partners and dependent children (under 18).

We also support Reservists, those who completed National Service and widows and widowers and former members of the Royal Observer Corps.

RAF badge

If you are requesting financial help for yourself, to qualify for general support you must usually have less than £12,000 in savings or in the case of care home top-up assistance you will need savings of less than £23,250 (£46,500 if capital savings in joint names).

We have a number of support services which are not means-tested including our weekly Telephone Friendship Groups and our Listening and Counselling Service for bereavement and general wellbeing.

Once you have got in touch with us we will be able to advise you on how to proceed with an application or what options are available to you.

If you are currently serving in the RAF, please read this information first.

You can request our help for yourself or on behalf of someone else by filling in our short online form. These forms are only for making an enquiry to the RAF Benevolent Fund. If you would like to make an application for financial assistance and it is a one-off need of less than £750 you may be able to apply directly online.

Alternatively, you can get in touch with us by calling our helpline number on 0300 102 1919. Take a look at a guide to our services (PDF 905.38KB).

Request our help Apply online for help below £750

Sign up to receive the RAFBF e-newsletter