Non-serving members of the RAF Family resident in the UK can apply online for financial assistance up to the value of £750 if they meet the criteria below.
Online applications can be made for financial assistance towards the cost of addressing any welfare need up to the value of £750 – please refer to our Guide to Services document to see how we can assist.
Online Eligibility Checker
Please read the four questions below to determine whether you are eligible to use our online application process. If you answer yes to any of the questions below you may still be able to get help but via a caseworker. Please contact us on 0300 102 1919 to arrange this.
- Is the total value of your application above £750?
- Does your application relate to the cost of mobility/care equipment, the cost of residential/domiciliary home care or property adaptations?
- Do you have savings or capital of more than £16,000?
- Do you have or require help with non-priority debt [consumer debt such as credit cards, store cards, hire-purchase arrangements are all types of non-priority debt]?
If you answered no to the above questions you can use our downloadable application below. Please note that to apply using the form below you will need to be able to scan/photograph and send a number of supporting documents to confirm your identity, your eligibility and your circumstances. The following documents will be required:
- Proof of ID – driving licence, passport, military ID or other official government issues document.
- Proof of RAF Service for the individual on which the application is based – you can submit your application without this, but we will contact the Royal Air Force to make checks which may delay your application.
- One month's bank statement – clearly demonstrating the account name, number and sort code of the account into which any granted funds will be made; this must be in the name of the applicant.
- Proof of income – wage slip/benefit statement.
Without these supporting documents we will not be able to process your request for help.
You can download our application form as an editable PDF. Please download, complete, save and return the application form, with supporting documents, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Guidelines to accompany the application can be accessed here.
Please do not print off the application and complete by hand. We aim to respond to your application within two weeks.
The RAF Benevolent Fund is committed to ensuring that we handle all data which we hold about you, in a safe, secure and responsible manner and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018. Please read the privacy notice in our guidelines. This tells you how we will use, manage and store the personal data you have submitted in relation to this application.