Providing care to a loved one is a hugely important role, yet it can come with some challenges, especially when juggling your care responsibilities around your own life and needs.
Many carers are in need of some kind of support, yet do not know how or where to get this. This is why the Fund is launching a new Carers Support Package, providing support and information to carers within the RAF Family. This support includes:
- A telephone friendship group dedicated solely to carers, creating a safe forum to give/receive peer support to other carers.
- Relationship support, accessed through the Fund's partnership with Relate.
- A listening, counselling and wellbeing service, providing access to emotional support, including counselling sessions that can be delivered in your own home.
- Information pack, providing more information on the support available from the Fund as well as useful resources and information from other organisations who support carers.
- Respite breaks – subsidised breaks available at Princess Marina House or RAFA Wings Breaks Hotels (eligibility criteria applies).
In addition to the above, the Fund can provide a range of assistance if you are experiencing financial difficulties. Including, domiciliary care top-up fees, care/mobility equipment, home adaptations, advocacy and benefits advice, respite at home (West Sussex) and grants.