Skip to main content

RAF veterans

We offer a range of support for former members of the RAF as well as those who did National Service.

An RAF veteran

Financial help

If you're struggling to cover day-to-day living costs, we're here for you. We can provide financial support with household essentials, priority bills, and funeral expenses. For those of pensionable age and on a low income, we may be able to offer regular financial assistance through a quarterly income supplement. We may also be able to help with home care or care home costs once your council has carried out a care needs assessment.

Our friendly advisers can also provide information on benefits and help you to claim what you're entitled to.

If the application is for £750 or less, this can be made through our online application form. Grants and financial assistance are means tested so we'll look at your income when considering eligibility.

If the assistance you require is greater than £750, then there are other ways we can help. Please call us on 0300 102 1919 or make an enquiry for help online.

Welfare breaks

Getting away from the stresses and strains of daily life can help you to recharge. During those times when you're experiencing difficult challenges, a break may help you to cope and carry on. Getting away from the stresses and strains of daily life can help you to recharge. During those times when you're experiencing difficult challenges, a break may help you to cope and carry on. Our new holiday home, The Folly in Bridlington is now available for welfare breaks all year round.

We offer individuals and couples with care needs the opportunity to apply for a care break at a selection of venues.

If you have a disabled member of the immediate family, we can also provide accessible holidays in both in the UK and abroad through the Disabled Holiday Trust.

Relationships and families

We provide free family counselling and relationship counselling as well as subsidised mediation sessions to support you through a divorce, separation or custody negotiations.

If you're feeling lonely or isolated, we can help you to connect with other members of the RAF Family. Our free weekly Telephone Friendship Groups are a great way to make new friends.

We also have Community Engagement Workers in six counties to help assist individuals to become more involved in meaningful and regular sociable activities to help reduce feelings of loneliness and isolation. They can help identify suitable activities, arrange financial support to put in place transport solutions or cover the cost of respite carers, through to accompanying someone on their first visit to a social group.

Emotional support

If you're feeling anxious, depressed, stressed or overwhelmed, it can be helpful to talk to someone. The types of emotional support we can provide include a confidential listening and counselling service to support you with whatever you're going through.

Independent living

From small home adaptations or support with funding for new equipment, we can help you stay independent. Once your local council has considered your eligibility for a Disabled Facilities Grant, we can assist with the cost of essential adaptations to your home. We may also be able to assist with the cost of essential property repairs.

Our friendly in-house advocates can advise and support you with housing issues, care in your own home or care home top-up fees. We also offer support for carers through respite breaks and access to resources with tools and advice.

More information

Download our guide to our services booklet (PDF) to find out more about the support we offer.

Request our help today

If you would like to receive support, please get in touch by completing our request our help form or call our free support line on 0300 102 1919.