OUR PROMISE TO SUPPORTERS
We are grateful to everyone who supports the RAF Benevolent Fund and endeavours to fundraise responsibly and respectfully.
Here's our promise to you and what you can expect as a RAF Benevolent Fund supporter.
Our promise to you
With no routine government funding, you, our supporters, drive everything we do.
Thanks to the time and generosity given by thousands of people around the UK, we can continue to help members of the RAF Family who are in need.
We want to assure you that we do not:
- Fundraise by making house-to-house collections either for cash or for regular donations.
- Sell or make available your personal details to any other organisation.
- Make telephone calls to anyone we have not been in contact with before.
We are committed to the Fundraising Regulator's Code of Fundraising Practice to ensure we meet the highest standards, so you can give and fundraise for us with confidence and trust.
In the last year, the charity spent £18.2M to help over 41,500 members of the RAF Family – past and present personnel. The money goes directly to helping those who need it most.
We are honest, open and transparent
We promise to:
- Provide information about our work and finances to show how your money is being spent.
- Provide honest answers to questions about all of our fundraising and how your money helps.
- Accurately represent the experiences of the veterans, serving personnel, and families we help.
- Not use any images or words that cause distress or offence.
We are respectful
We always respect you and your decisions and therefore promise:
- To never pressure you to make a donation.
- To be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable people, including the elderly.
- To do all we can to ensure that no agencies or contractors we work with break our promises to you.
- To respect and not share any data that you share with us by complying with the Data Protection Act.
- To keep you informed about our work in a way that suits you.
If you tell us you'd prefer less contact or don't want to hear from us at all, we'll respect your wishes. You just need to let us know. Do get in touch with us on 020 7580 8343 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or email email@example.com and we will address this promptly.
If you do not want to give, or wish to stop giving to us, we will thank you for all that you have done for the RAF Benevolent Fund.
We are accountable
At the RAF Benevolent Fund we always strive for the highest possible standards and always adhere to best practice. If you are unhappy or have concerns with anything we've done while fundraising, you can get in touch to make a complaint. Please refer to our complaints policy. If you feel we have not responded suitably, we will support you to make your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator (fundraisingregulator.org.uk) as an additional route to resolution.
Get in touch
Please do get in touch – it would be lovely to hear from you. Our supporter care team is available on 020 7580 8343 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're enormously grateful to every single one of our supporters and fundraisers. Thank you so much for everything you do to help RAF Family members, young and old, who have fallen on difficult times.
Keep in touch with us
Provide your email address to receive regular email updates on all of the RAF Benevolent Fund's latest news, events, stories and ways that you can help.